Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Fall

Today, we entered into one of my favorite seasons, Fall. I love the fall weather; the much cooler temperatures, hoodie sweatshirts, the changing of the leaves. It also brings with it one of my favorite holidays, Halloween. I'm looking forward to the upcoming bonfires, trips to the haunted houses, pumpkin patch, possibly apple picking, but most of all, a boat ride down the Mississippi to take in the breathtaking view of the bluffs admiring the colors of the changing leaves. This has been something my family has done since they've been boat owners, although we haven't done it in the last 3 years. Hopefully, the river will go down so that we can make our usual fall trip.
This year, fall also brings with it graduate classes, the 1 year anniversary since my house was completed - therefore my first Halloween party in the new place, and one of my best buds nuptials. One of my closest friends Valerie, will be tying the knot with her high school sweetheart, Kevin. I couldn't be happier for the two of them and I'm looking forward to being a part of their special day in November. Along with that comes the showers, bachelorette party, rehersal dinner and anything else to help the bride. Not to mention I have another wedding 2 weekends before hers - another of my best friend's brother is taking the plunge. I'm also planning on hosting a poker tournament sometime this fall, before it gets cold so that people can get out of the stuffy basement and relax in the cool temperatures of the outdoors - possibly have a bonfire pit and roast some marshmellows and make smores. YUM! I've yet to decide on a date because I have something going on it seems like every weekend from October to mid November. Then Thanksgiving, and following that the countdown to Christmas. My calendar is screaming for an empty date...will I ever get a break from all the chaos? Chances are, not anytime in the remainder of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment